Antennas To Heaven
David from Antennas To Heaven talks pasties, cod & biscuits...
1. Website / Myspace: www.antennastoheaven.co.uk
2. Location: Newcastle, UK.
3. Working method: We are not your typical
'band' in that Phil writes the lyrics and I write the music.
Basically once I have a few tracks ready I use Phil's lyrics
to see what can be fitted into the music. We then argue about
which ones work and which don't and somehow at the end of
it we end up with a finished product.
4. Describe your music: Our music is a combination
of post rock and shoegaze with surreal lyrical stories involving
drunk dogs, urban decay and cornish pasties.
5. What's your favourite fish: Cod.
6. Advice to others: To keep going even if
you think no one is paying attention!
7. Favourite place: The Riverside Stadium
8. What's the funniest song title you've ever heard:
Half Man Half Biscuit always have excellent titles,
e.g '99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd' , or I'm not sure
if I imagined this one but I think they had a track called
'F***ing hell it's Fred Titmus'. Quality.
9. Tell us one song you'd wished you'd written:
I wish I had written "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating
in Space" by Spiritualized. It is one song that always
makes me stop what I am doing and sit there in awe.
10. Who would you like to collaborate with:
I would like to collaborate with Kevin Shields, to be able
to see how he manages to get such awesome sounds from guitars
and pedals. I would also love to work with Dave Fridmann,
it seems to have become popular to criticise his production
but I still think he is at the top of his game.
Antennas To Heaven features