Del Ray & The Sun Kings
Del Ray & The Sun Kings on oil, alcohol &
1. Myspace: www.myspace.com/thesunkings
2. Location: Land of Phantoms, Romania
3. Describe yourself: 100 feet tall, mild
patina changing from copper to a greenish colour, spiky hairdo
and a fetish for fire. No wait...that's the Statute of Liberty...Do'oh!
4. How did you get into music: Bought a single
called "Incense & Peppermints" by the Strawberry
Alarm clock. My parents found out it was about "drugs"
and they destroyed it. It was all rock n roll rebellion from
5. What’s your general working method:
Wait till about 1:00or 2:00am in the morning and find the
worst sounds imaginable on a 10+ year old Yamaha keyboard.
Go from there.
6. What are your methods of sound design:
Think in 3D, as opposed to 2D. Music is done in a box, not
on a canvas.
7. What’s the best advice you have been given:
Change the oil in your car every 3000 miles.
8. What two people would you like to hear work together
or remix etc..: Morrissey and Jeffrey Dahmer.
9. Club or pub (bar): There had better be
alcohol (hopefully free) or I don’t go…so pub
10. Gig or home: Home (I have plenty of alcohol…)
Del Ray & The Sun Kings Features: