Ten swipes of the Sanjuro77 sword..
1. Website / Myspace: www.sanjuro77.com
2. Location: Manchester
3. Working method: Generally I doodle and
play around for a time, with a rough idea in mind. Eventually,
by accident or design, I'll make a loop, riff or sound that
catches my attention. I then add to that and build it up,
layer by layer. Then I'll leave it for a good while and come
back to it with fresh ideas. Eventually I'll get to the stage
when I'm ready to start arranging it into a song. That's usually
where I get the problems...
4. Who would you like to collaborate with:
Boards of Canada or MF Doom or Laura Veirs.
5.Sweets or chocolate: Chocolate. Although
flapjack would win in a three-way deathmatch.
6. Describe your music: Music for listening
to, with headphones, in bed, sometimes for waking up, mostly
for going to sleep.
7.Where do you make music: Home studio-cum-living
8. Favourite book: Neuromancer by William
9. General influences: Memories, places,
words. Anything evocative.
10. Favourite fish: The one that comes with
interview September 2005.