Ten shooting stars from Scott...
1. Website / Myspace: On its way. / www.myspace.com/scottbruzenak
2. Location: California.
3. Working method: Never one thing. I like
to start out simple and then get complex. About 50% of the
time I'll start with either a beat, a guitar harmo-melodic
complex, or a story.
4. Shoes or traniners: What the hell are
trainers? Is that some British thing?
5. Favourite writer: Bukowski, Shakespeare,
Pynchon, I dunno. Lots. Whaddya got?
6.Describe your music: My music is all over
the place. I've been in every kind of band, from metal to
classical, jazz to bluegrass, glitch electronica to singer/songwriter.
So, when I write something and am trying to be original, I
end up combining genres. I am obsessed with microtones and
polymeter, but also with being a smartass and capturing crystalline
7. Best advice you've been given: Imitate
the methods of your favourite artists, and not thier sound.
8. Undiscovered musical gem: Man, my buddies
over at EM411 for sure, especially Fredo Viola and Deltasleep.
Also Jesse Krakow.
9. Favourite fish: Hatchetfish.
10. General influences: Big influences are
Coltrane, Bach, Elliot Smith, Harry Partch, Aphextechrepusher,
pretty much everything else too. I can't get enough of this
Scott Bruzenak Features: