the deep element
ten deep element deep, deep thoughts...
1. website / myspace: www.thedeepelement.com
2. location: currently malmo sweden, ultimately
3. working method: it's different everytime!
but the consistencies are, logic, live, reason, and komplete.
4. methods of sound design: great question!
there are so many ways. i usually have a minidisc recorder
at all times and record whatever ideem interesting. these
files go into either a mac or pc for processing through various
plugs, or a crazy signal path through whatever gear i have
lying around. though i master with a tape machine, which sometimes
destroys the song!
5.what's your favourite fish: the sushi family.
6. advice to others: that's hard. you can't
tell people what to do in an artform.
7. favourite gig: mine!! i loved all my shows.
but i really enjoyed touring with machinedrum and eustachian,
it was a great mix of music. other peoples gigs i enjoyed
are fantomas/locust or jaga jazzist.
8. where do you make music: currently i work
at a studio in sweden and have processed some sounds here,
otherwise, i do most of the foundations on a laptop then go
home and fix it up there.
9.tea or coffee: tea, earl grey is dope.
10. do you work alone: depends on the project.
the deep element stuff is solo, most other projects involve
someone else taking care of acoustic iinstruments.
the deep element features
1. RAWK! interview